Aerotek is currently hiring a Medical Receptionist for one of the top Hospital Systems in Chesapeake, VA!
The Medical Receptionist responsible for the efficient daily operation of the Front Desk and/or patient Check-In area of the practice. This includes all administrative encounters with patients either via telephone or in-person; facilitation of communication among providers, staff, patient and family, and prompt response to requests for information from the provider and/or patient community; and collection and accurate accounting or co-payment or accounts receivable payments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer telephones
- Register patients
- Update patient information, as required
- Request and accept co-payments and accounts receivable payments, recording payment in daily log
- Balance the daily log with the cash drawer at the close of business
- Schedule patients
- Print and distribute daily patient schedule
- Build and scan necessary documentation into the Patient Electronic Medical Record
- Print encounter forms
- Obtain patient laboratory, radiology, test results, and specialty reports, as required
- Verify patient insurance coverage/status
- Record and distribute phone messages and triage calls
- Attend required hospital-wide orientations, meetings, and in-services
- Demonstrate a commitment to flexible work scheduling when necessary to ensure patient care
- Prior medical office experience - at least 1 year of recent experience
- Experience processing referrals and doing pre-authorizations
- Need to be comfortable discussing patients financials and medical bills with them
- Strong level of professionalism
- Able to work in a fast-paced work environment
- High school diploma or equivelent
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.