Job Title: Medical Records Clerk
Reports To: Pharmacy Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Responsible for the accurate maintenance of medical records, patient profiles and reports in a fast-paced long term care pharmacy by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Accurately and efficiently retrieve medical orders for paper and electronic medical records.
● Ensure compliance with state and federal law.
● Verify medical records for accuracy.
● Answer telephones and contact physicians/facilities for order clarification.
● Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
● Assist customers by answering simple questions, locating items, or referring them to the pharmacist for medication information.
● Perform other related duties as necessary.
● Print and sort medical records for delivery to long term care facility
● Ensure completeness and accuracy of patient profiles including but not limited to allergies, date of birth, attending physician, diagnosis, labs and vital sign monitoring.
● Be able to code prescription orders and ancillary orders so that they are placed appropriately on the medical records paperwork.
All duties listed are essential unless otherwise noted.
● The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit or stand for extended periods. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Maintain Highest Degree of Confidentiality
Strong Attention to Detail
Self-Starter and Follow Through
Oral Communication Skills
Familiarity with long term care standards of care with respect to the maintenance of medical records
Education/Experience: High School diploma or Equivalent. Missouri Pharmacy Technician License required. QS1 Software experience preferred. LTC experience preferred.
Employee Signature Date
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will be expected to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. This organization reserves the right to revise or change job tasks and responsibilities.
O:/Employee Job Descriptions/Job Descriptions-Manor