To provide direct social work services to patients and their families. To assist patients and their families with discharge planning to prepare for care outside the hospital setting. To assist patients and their families in adjusting to the psychosocial factors that accompany healthcare concerns and medical treatment.
- Current Texas social work license
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Social Work
- One year of experience as a Social Worker in a medical setting preferred
- Specialized Training
- Other Skills/Competencies
- Ability to perform the essential functions of this position, with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of self or others. Ability to comply with all Good Shepherd policies and procedures that are job-related and consistent with business necessity. Ability to effectively communicate with patients and provide competent care as appropriate to the ages of patients served by this position.
- Computer Skills
- Computer literacy is desired.