Why Join the Amedisys Family?
We are a growing company that values and rewards our team members, recognizes your special skills and experience and offers opportunities for growth. Join more than 14,000 team members who help change lives every day and share a mission of delivering high quality home health, hospice and private duty care at home.
Unique clinical environment:
Offer social service support to patients and families one-on-one in their home environment
Culture of teamwork:
Shine on your own, contribute and support a highly collaborative team
Continuing education, training, tuition assistance and more
High-level clinical services with outstanding outcomes
Goal planning and opportunities to develop skills for higher level positions
Progressive, stable company with 30 years of experience in delivering care at home
If you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.What You Will Do:
As a Medical Social Worker (MSW) for Amedisys, you will have the opportunity to assist and counsel patients and their family one on one with health related financial, social and emotional concerns. Your work will include assisting the physician and other members of the patient care team to understand the significance of social and emotional factors related to the patient’s care. You will contribute to the development of the plan of care with the physician, patient, family and staff to best manage personal, financial and environmental difficulties that may interfere with the health and wellness continuum.
• Counsel patients and families concerning the facilitation of the medical Plan of Care.
• Recognize, identify and utilize community and family resources to assist the patient in long-term plans for life in the community or to learn to live within the limits of the patient’s disability.
• Participate in discharge planning.
• Coordinate the total Plan of Care and maintain continuity of patient care by liaising with appropriate staff.
• Attend and actively participate in patient care conferences to ensure good coordination of care. Develop, prepare and maintain individualized patient care progress records with accuracy, timeliness and according to policies.
• May supervise Social Worker Assistants as a licensed social worker
• Master’s degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
• A current and unencumbered license or certification to practice as a social worker in the state assigned to work with some limited state specific exceptions*
• One (1 ) year or more experience as a social worker in a healthcare setting
• Current CPR certification
• Must have reliable transportation, current driver’s license, and agency-required liability insurance to perform home visits
• Previous home health or hospice experience
Most states specifically require a professional state license or certification to practice as a Medical Social Worker in home health. (LGSW, LMSW, LCSW, LICSW, LISW, CMSW)
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
• Paid Time Off/Holidays
• Health benefits (medical, dental, vision); health spending account
• 401 (K) plan; employee stock purchase plan available
• Continuing education
• Fleet car for eligible employees