Establishes and maintains a safe, therapeutic environment for supervised residential client services and implements appropriate client services that are consistent with the clients’ Master Treatment Plans.
- Provides continuous awake supervision/monitoring of both clients and the facility to ensure the safety of the residents and staff
- Uses good clinical judgment and follows official procedures and protocol to manage medical, psychiatric, and life safety emergencies
- Closely monitors the clients’ self-medication procedure and reports any problems to both the nurse and the Residential Lead Worker
- Consults with Lead Worker and immediately communicates to the Lead Worker and problems or concerns about the day-to-day operations of the facility or the clinical behavior of the clients
- Provides instruction to the clients and helps them to prepare and serve meals according to the residential menu
- Prepares client chore/laundry schedule, provides training and assistance to clients in the completion of these tasks
- Plans and implements structured daily living skills training activities for the clients, including fire drills and safety drills
- Provides supervision for clients on filed trips, outings, picnics, etc. as assigned by the Lead Worker
- Monitors phone usage, visitors, and building supplies to ensure the safety and security of the clients, staff, and agency property
- Completes and submits all required documentation in a timely, neat manner
- Attends residential staff meetings and supervision sessions as scheduled by the Lead Worker
- Secures the facility at the end of the shift, by locking windows, doors, seeing that all clients have left the building, turning off electrical appliances, etc.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Moderated physical activity. May require physical effort including lifting up to 25-50 pounds and some extended periods of standing or walking.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- Ability to lift 25 - 50 lbs.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License is preferred
- Experience in residential setting preferred
- Knowledge of basic cooking and housekeeping skills
- Good verbal skills
- Must be measurable or trainable
- Ability to function in a teamwork setting
- Documentation skills
- Patience, sensitivity to clients’ needs, good interpersonal skills
- Must be capable of accessing buildings which are not handicap accessible
- Bilingual (Spanish) candidates with the ability to read, write, and speak are preferred