The Mental Health Clinician provides services to Hope treatment recipients through their work in providing clinical expertise for recipients of mental health services. The Mental Health Clinician provides mental health referrals, screenings and assessments for referred treatment recipients. This position develops treatment plans, provides counseling, staff debriefing and training, and mental health consultation. The Mental Health Clinician develops positive behavioral support, treatment, and safety plans and monitors their effectiveness. Services designed by the Mental Health Clinician are individualized to provide therapeutic interventions, informational and instructional activities, and skill development experiences that build upon identified strengths. The Mental Health Clinician maintains loyalty to the organization, its beliefs, values, mission, vision, and expectations and to the recipients of services.
Essential Job Duties
1. Completes all required State and Federal screening and assessments, and any additional assessments as warranted and necessary.
2. Develops individualized treatment plans based on the intake assessment, in coordination with support recipients, families, Mental Health Case Managers, supervisors, and direct support staff.
3. Provides training for Mental Health Associate staff and identifies these training needs through direct observation of services provided, as necessary.
4. Assists the team in implementing the treatment plan using evidence-based therapeutic modalities, including observation of service delivery.
5. Provides individual, group, and family therapy in a variety of environments, as needed.
6. Participates in treatment team meetings, including review of progress and treatments, according to State regulations and Agency policies.
7. Provides monitoring, clinical guidance, and direction to teams when a support recipient is in crisis.
8. Provides clinical recommendations to governmental agencies regarding individualized treatments for support recipients.
9. Attends all required clinical trainings to maintain scope of practice for populations served and requirements for licensing.