Who is Comprehensive Healthcare?
Comprehensive Healthcare provides innovative behavioral health and integrated healthcare services to clients of all ages. We take pride in our creative and collaborative work environment and in delivering clinically excellent, trauma-informed, recovery-oriented services.
What are we looking for in a Therapist / Crisis Responder?
This position serves two main functions: therapy and crisis response. During the workday, the Therapist Crisis Responder meets with scheduled clients to provide evidence-based therapy for youth and adults. In addition to therapy duties, they also participate in rotating on-call shifts during the workday, evenings, and weekends to provide crisis outreach services. This involves taking calls requesting crisis services and traveling out in the community to complete crisis evaluations, determine what level of treatment is needed to stabilize the situation, and make arrangements for hospital placements or outpatient treatment as appropriate. The goal is to stabilize the crisis using the least restrictive setting possible, while still ensuring the safety of the individual in crisis as well as the community. The Therapist Crisis Responder position is best suited to someone who likes variety in their daily activities and wants to work as a therapist, but also enjoys assisting individuals in crisis. Training in evidence-based practices is provided as part of this position. This position is part of our outpatient team in Ellensburg and provides crisis services to all of Kittitas County.
Therapist / Crisis Responder duties may include:
- providing individual and family therapy
- facilitating behavioral health groups
- receiving calls for crisis services from individuals, law enforcement, medical facilities, & service providers and responding in the community to assess individuals for safety and gather information
- determining the least restrictive environment for crisis resolution and stabilization for the client
- arranging client placements for voluntary and involuntary hospitalization or detox services, when necessary
- communicating with Comprehensive treatment teams about clients who have had crisis contact and participating in safety planning
- thorough and timely completion of required clinical documentation
- Master’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling, or related field
- Previous experience providing behavioral health treatment is preferred
What Comprehensive Healthcare Can Offer You
Training and Development
- A variety of career opportunities in a wide range of settings with room for mobility and promotion
- Regular training opportunities including support, supervision, and consultation in implementing evidence-based services and programs
- Clinical supervision toward licensure (if applicable)
Innovative Program & Services
- A strong reputation for providing quality, evidence-based services within a collaborative multi-disciplinary team environment
- Innovative, forward-looking leadership that seeks to thrive in an ever-changing healthcare environment
- Joint Commission-accredited organization committed to continuous quality improvement
- Established partnerships with major research universities and other community and healthcare providers to implement cutting-edge treatment programs and services
- Competitive salaries within our communities and industry
- Healthcare coverage for employee and qualified family members
- Generous vacation, paid holiday and sick leave policies
- Access to Employee Assistance Program services
- Agency-funded retirement plan with contributions equal to 5% of compensation
- Additional retirement investment opportunities with a 50% investment match of up to 4% of compensation
- Agency-funded life and disability insurance program
- Financial incentives to further employee education
- Educational loan repayment programs (conditions apply)
Joining Comprehensive Healthcare
Additional information on Comprehensive Healthcare’s programs and services can also be found on our website at www.comphc.org.
Comprehensive Healthcare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. We value the diverse perspectives and strengths that our employees bring to the workplace and we encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply for our positions. The Human Resources department gladly offers accommodations and assistance for the application and interview process; please contact us at (509) 575-4084 to make arrangements.