Who is Comprehensive Healthcare?
Comprehensive Healthcare provides innovative behavioral health and integrated healthcare services to clients of all ages. We take pride in our creative and collaborative work environment and in delivering clinically excellent, trauma-informed, recovery-oriented services.
What are we looking for in a Crisis Outreach Professional?
Crisis Outreach Professionals are part of our Acute Care team, which provides intervention and support to individuals who are experiencing a mental health or substance use crisis. They take calls requesting crisis services and travel out in the community to provide crisis assessments, determine what level of treatment is needed to stabilize the situation, and make arrangements for hospital placements or outpatient treatment as appropriate. The goal is to stabilize the crisis using the least restrictive setting possible, while still ensuring the safety of the individual in crisis as well as the community. This role requires working closely with emergency responders, law enforcement, Comprehensive staff, and other community partners to coordinate care. The Crisis Outreach Professional position offers the opportunity to work both collaboratively and independently, have significantly varied workdays, and use creativity to resolve problems.
Crisis Outreach Professional duties may include:
- receiving calls for crisis services from individuals, law enforcement, medical facilities, & service providers and responding in the community to assess individuals for safety and gather information
- determining the least restrictive environment for crisis resolution and stabilization for the client
- arranging client placements for voluntary and involuntary hospitalization or detox services, when necessary
- communicating with Comprehensive treatment teams about clients who have had crisis contact and participating in safety planning
- completing extensive clinical & legal documentation for each contact made during the workday
- Master's degree in social work, counseling, or related field
- Two years of experience providing behavioral health treatment preferred
What Comprehensive Healthcare Can Offer You
Training and Development
- A variety of career opportunities in a wide range of settings with room for mobility and promotion
- Regular training opportunities including support, supervision, and consultation in implementing evidence-based services and programs
Innovative Program & Services
- A strong reputation for providing quality, evidence-based services within a collaborative multi-disciplinary team environment
- Innovative, forward-looking leadership that seeks to thrive in an ever-changing healthcare environment
- Joint Commission-accredited organization committed to continuous quality improvement
- Established partnerships with major research universities and other community and healthcare providers to implement cutting-edge treatment programs and services
- Competitive salaries within our communities and industry
- Healthcare coverage for employee and qualified family members
- Generous vacation, paid holiday and sick leave policies
- Access to Employee Assistance Program services
- Agency-funded retirement plan with contributions equal to 5% of compensation
- Additional retirement investment opportunities with a 50% investment match of up to 4% of compensation
- Agency-funded life and disability insurance program
- Financial incentives to further employee education
- Educational loan repayment programs (conditions apply)
Joining Comprehensive Healthcare
Additional information on Comprehensive Healthcare’s programs and services can also be found on our website at www.comphc.org.
Comprehensive Healthcare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. We value the diverse perspectives and strengths that our employees bring to the workplace and we encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply for our positions. The Human Resources department gladly offers accommodations and assistance for the application and interview process; please contact us at (509) 575-4084 to make arrangements.