Horizon House is a nationally recognized provider of services to adults with support needs due to developmental disabilities, behavioral health issues and substance abuse. With over 100 locations throughout Southeastern Pennsylvania and the state of Delaware, Horizon House provides services to a diverse population focusing on individual strengths and choices.
We are seeking qualified candidates interested in joining our Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) team in Norristown, PA.
The Mental Health Specialist as part of the ACT multidisciplinary team provides rehabilitation and support functions and assists in treatment, provides substance abuse services, education, support and consultation to families; and provides crisis intervention under the clinical supervision of staff with professional credentials. Some of the responsibilities include the following:
• Provide service coordination (case management) for assigned group of participants including coordinating and monitoring the activities of the individual treatment team; assume primary responsibility for developing, writing, implementing, evaluating and revising overall treatment goals and plans in collaboration with the participant and the Individual Treatment Team (ITT); provide individual supportive therapy and symptom management; ensure immediate changes are made in treatment plans as participants' needs change; educate and support participants’ families; and advocate for participants' rights and preferences.
• Conduct a comprehensive assessment of psychiatric history (e.g. onset, course an effect of illness, past treatment and responses, and risk behaviors), mental status, and diagnosis; physical health and dental health; use of drugs or alcohol; education and employment, social development and functioning; activities of daily living (e.g., care-care, living situation, nutrition, money management); and family structure and relationships.
• Act as liaison and consult with community agencies and families to maintain coordination in the treatment process.
• Perform shift management in coordination with other shift managers according to established policies and procedures.
• Provide on-call crisis intervention covering nighttime hours and serve as a back-up to evening and weekend staff.
• Provide direct clinical services including individual supportive therapy and psychotherapy to participants on an individual, group and family basis in the office and in community settings to teach behavioral symptom-management techniques and to alleviate and manage symptoms not reduced with medication; Promote personal growth and development by assisting participants with adapting to and coping with internal and external stresses.
Horizon House offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental, (9) nine paid holidays, generous paid time off, retirement savings plan, tax sheltered annuity, tuition reimbursement and opportunities for advancement.
To be considered an applicant for this position please complete the pre-employment application by visiting us at www.hhinc.org/careers
Horizon House is an Equal Opportunity Employer --- M/F/Veterans/Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.