Watertown Regional Medical Center
The Mental Health Technician (MHT) is responsible to assist with nursing care of the patient, within the Senior Behavioral Health unit. Working under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse and in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, the Behavioral Health Patient Care Partner performs basic nursing care, assists patients with activities of daily living, maintains a safe and therapeutic environment and assists in the admission, provision of care, discharge and transfer of patients. Will work collaboratively as a part of a patient focused team to provide excellent care and services in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice. Care is provided based on individual treatment plan with specific attention to the age and developmental stage of the patient, cultural factors, level of functioning, mental status, medical issues and family/living environment affecting treatment.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Associates degree preferred
Minimum requirement of current CNA, EMT or LPN certification/license issued by the State of Wisconsin, required.
Basic Life Support (BLS) required
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Must be able to work with several distractions including light conversations.
- Must be able to deal with aggressive, hostile and irrational behaviors of patients.
- Must be able to respond immediately in crisis situations concerning patients and/or family members.