1. Take and record vital signs properly.
2. Utilize sound judgment during assessment and observe and documents any changes in a patient's
appearance, behavior or ability to work toward treatment plan goals.
3. Communicate changes in patient's condition to the charge nurse.
1. Follow the therapeutic interventions outlined by the treatment team for each patient.
2. Ensure awareness of patient's individualized plan of care including goals and interventions.
3. Provide information to the charge nurse that assists in the development and revision of the
4. Document the treatment plan, nursing interventions and the patient's response to the intervention.
Ensure intervention is based on the patient's plan of care.
1. Employ appropriate crisis intervention techniques as needed.
2. Employ facility approved Prevention and Management of Aggressive Behavior (CPI/PMAB) techniques as
3. Assist patients through the discharge process.
4. Assist patients with personal hygiene and activities of daily living.
1. Teach the patient proper hygiene and ensure adherence to hygiene methods.
2. Carry out teaching activities identified in the treatment plan under the supervision of the RN
3. Model and teach appropriate social skills.
4. Re-enforce the importance of medication compliance, and monitor activity of compliance.
5. Orient patients to their unit and program, providing continuous guidance as needed.
1. Assume responsibilities for the completion of all patient care responsibilities and other assigned
2. Act as the patient's advocate and assure that patient's rights are upheld.
3. Comply with established measures for infection control, OSHA regulations, and risk management.. Participate in continuous Performance Improvement activities