University Health is currently seeking a Microbiology Scientist II to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company with a reputation for exceptional service and patient care.
Performs procedures for testing or analysis on specimens submitted to the laboratory. Evaluates test results for accuracy and submits results for the purpose of aiding the physician in diagnostic and therapeutic treatment of patients. Performs analyses that may involve a complex network of steps, variable fine-line discriminations of several parameters, correction of a variety of errors, and the operation and maintenance of complicated instruments. Mentors and accounts for work of trainees and other supportive technical personnel employed by the laboratory. Performs assigned duties rapidly and accurately. Plans work activities and makes decisions connected with own work. Recognizes unusual results and/or abnormalities and takes prompt and appropriate action to assure the accuracy and validity of test result. Assumes accountability for the dissemination of patient information to ensure the confidentiality and privacy of patients. Duties may also include performance of procedures associated with procurement of specimens from patients.
- Requires at least three (3) years for experience in Microbiology.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in medical technology, clinical laboratory, chemical, physical, or biological science OR
- High school graduate or equivalent AND successfully completed military training of 50 or more weeks and served as a medical laboratory specialist.
Certification by the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) or American Medical Technologists (AMT) is required.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Advancement Opportunities
- Competitive Pay
- Excellent Benefits Package