Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standing full-service hospitals and numerous satellite practices maintain a true devotion to advanced clinical expertise and unmatched compassion. On February 2, 2016, Providence became part of the LifePoint Health network, and shortly thereafter, changed its name to Providence Health to better represent the full complement of its services. Driven by quality, compassion, and Christ, Providence treats the whole person- body, mind, and spirit.
Providence Health – Northeast are looking for a skilled Multi-Modality Tech to join their growing Radiology Unit.
Providence Health Northeast, located in the suburbs of Columbia, South Carolina, is home to some of the best surgeons in Columbia. This 74-licensed bed full-service hospital provides general surgery, orthopedic surgery, neurosurgery, Ear Nose and Throat surgery (ENT), round-the-clock cardiology, and other surgical services.
For more information about the services provided by Providence Health - Northeast, click here.
- Operates imaging equipment (radiographic, fluoroscopic, portable, C-arm, MRI , NM , US and CT) following radiation safety guidelines based on hospital policy and regulatory requirements.
- Provides radiographic support for all areas of the Hospital as needed.
- Operates other patient care equipment/devices as appropriate oxygen, suction, syringes, monitors, blood pressure cuff, stethoscope, wheelchairs, stretchers and compression devices.
- Position patients accurately for specific anatomic imaging using appropriate immobilization devices when required. Avoids excessive repeated examinations by following guidelines.
- Calculates exposure factors for optimum quality studies. Adheres to the use of predetermined protocols as outlined by the radiologists.
- Provides radiation protection 100% of time to self, patients, visitors and other health care professionals. Adheres to all polices and procedures related to radiation safety per Providence Hospital and regulatory agencies.
- Evaluates images for technical quality and insures that quality is present before dismissing patients or submitting images for interpretation. Patient recalls must be kept to an absolute minimum.
- Assumes responsibility for the physical and psychological needs of each patient. Communicates in a clear, concise, accurate and caring manner.
- Maintains competency for venipuncture, specific to the requirements of the modality.
- Initiates life support systems in a competent, capable and calm manner when necessary. Understands the operation of suction and oxygen. Basic understanding and familiarity with drugs in crash cart.
- Maintains certification-ARR, SCRQSA. Assumes responsibility for continuing educational requirements required for continues certification.
- Enters required information into Meditech in a timely manner.
- Properly identifies patient, verifies orders, history and other relevant information to assist Radiologist with interpretation.
- Follows up on all requested call reports, fax reports, critical results as required.