BAYADA Hospice is currently seeking an enthusiastic Nurse Practitioner, NP, for a Per Diem Hospice position, treating adult and geriatric clients in Burlington and Camden Counties, NJ.
As a home care Nurse Practitioner, you will be an integral member of a multi-disciplinary health care team that is focused on decreasing repeat hospitalizations and improving post-acute care. A paramount candidate is a NP with Case Management experience that can balance a job role that is both autonomous and serving as lead in developing and implementing patient care plans. In addition, the NP will assist with the transition process from hospital to home, working collaboratively with the patients’ physician and other key hospital personnel.
- Making home visits to clients in designated geographic territories.
- Works closely and collaboratively with home health team, hospice, an referral source to manage physical and existential pain, as well as other symptoms for client’s and families experiencing advanced illness.
- Discuss and assist team in management of pharmacologic and nonpharmacological interventions.
- Assist with advanced care planning, assess emotional needs, offer psychosocial and spiritual support.
- Providing individalized care that focuses on the client's medical issues, as well as the effects of illness on the life of the client and his or her family.
- Leading client transition from hospital to home, focusing on post-acute care.
- Engaging in collaborative practices with the client to achieve best outcomes.
- Performing assigned duties, including administration of medication, wound care, treatments, and procedures.
- Following up with, executing, and properly documenting physician orders.
- Performing client assessments as necessary.
- Case management and coordination.
- Referring to Hospice services when appropriate and/or other community resources.
- A current APRN/NP license in New Jersey.
- A minimum of one year of recent, verifiable clinical (medical/surgical) experience.
- Prior home care experience strongly preferred, but not required.
- Wound care expertise preferred, but not required.
- Graduation from an accredited graduate/doctoral level nursing program, as indicated by school transcript or diploma.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and effectively communicate in English.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
- Ability to travel to cases as assigned.
BAYADA Hospice believes that our employees are our greatest asset:
- Benefits include medical, dental and vision, mileage reimbursement; weekly pay and direct deposit; one-on-one training; recognition programs; referral bonuses; 401(k) with company match; and opportunities for career advancement.
Apply now for immediate consideration.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. Headquartered in suburban Philadelphia, BAYADA employs more than 23,000 field and office professionals who serve their communities in over 20 states from more than 300 offices. BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.