University Health System is one of the largest employers in San Antonio. We are a nationally recognized teaching hospital and consistently recognized as a leader in advanced treatment options, new technologies and clinical research. Our mission is to improve the good health of the community through high quality compassionate patient care, innovation, education and discovery. We are currently looking for a Navigator to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company with a reputation for exceptional service and patient care.
What you will do:
- Acts as a liaison between patients, Health System, and supporting community services and conducts community outreach to assist with program recruitment/retention.
- Provides case management, recovery support, education and referrals to patients with chemical dependency issues.
- Assists patients in identifying their psychological, personal and environmental challenges related to substance abuse in order to achieve maximum therapeutic and functional capacity.
Acts as a member of multidisciplinary treatment team, assisting with data collection, entry, and reporting.
What we require:
- High school diploma or equivalent and four years of experience in conducting community-based outreach and education programs is required.
- Must have shared-life experience with substance use, and be eligible to take Recovery Support Peer Specialist training.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor, or Certified Recovery Support Peer Specialist preferred.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is preferred.
Why you should apply:
- Advancement opportunities
- Generous benefits packages
- Flexible hours and paid time off
- We are ranked as one of the best hospitals in South Texas