With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
This role will be a subject matter expert in Telecom Expense operations. The Telecom Expense Lead will guide the work of managed service providers and the Telecom Expense Analyst(s), and will also be a point of escalation for issues pertaining to telecom expenses and vendors.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Project Management / Solution Delivery
Participates in Project Review Status meetings and Steering Committees as required to ensure project scope, cost, schedule and quality are in alignment. Additionally, provide leadership and oversight of other project roles when needed such as order, analysis and payment process lead.
Review key metrics to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of I&T processes and improve daily operations.
Oversee and direct TEM team for billing analysis, cost review, complex voice, data and mobile inventory control as well as reporting and periodic leadership reviews. Manage the vendor relationships for invoice audit including both contracted rates and usage-based services.
Produce easy to read reports and executive summaries.
Ensure that the service provider team are trained and complying with the appropriate regulatory guidelines (e.g. cGMP), global I&T procedures, I&T standards, I&T practices and Computer Systems Validation methodology as defined by QMS (global I&T Quality Management System) and based upon the application business function. Ensure audit findings are closed within agreed timelines.
Contribute to the development of the service delivery strategic roadmap and be accountable for the implementation.
Partner with Network Operations, Finance, Contract Management, End User Computing and Procurement to address billing and process issues and improve operational procedures and controls.
Evaluate and recommend corporate information systems technology solutions. Oversee current and anticipated projects to create, replace, enhance and modify technology platforms with an eye towards improvement the expense management and reporting process.
Guides the work of managed service provider teams supporting telecom expense services.
Collaborate with other IT and business leaders to align on integrated strategies and expense management/capability roadmaps
Participate, as assigned, in the management of specific cost centers, in the annual budgeting process (Opex and Capex), periodic forecasting activities, on-going expense management (ensuring compliance with delegation of authority limits), project cost tracking and capital recovery process. Provides input to capital expenditure proposals and cost I&T projects as required.
Responsible for directing the auditing and payment of telecommunication carrier invoices in an accurate and timely basis. Manage and track the resolution of billing discrepancies to assure corrections and credits are completed accurately and timely.
Provide input, in conjunction with Global Sourcing when applicable) for managing the vendor relationship including; selection, negotiation, establishing service levels (SLAs), monitoring and reviewing performance and contract management.
Identify and execute dispute and relationship management strategies that ensure optimal results. Manage the carrier receivables process. Assure all billing credits are identified, the generation of invoices is accurate and timely, and payment dates comply with the terms of the agreements.
•Establishing of good relationship with global vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto, etc….
•Support Head of Networking and Global sourcing in case of contract negotiation for CSL wide contracts.
Develop and execute strategy to provide systems automation and efficiency that delivers 24/7 performance, trend and expense data integrated into robust operations tools and processes.
Maintain a working knowledge of current technologies and best practices related to the telecom expense area. Provide expense and process leadership, propose and assess design solutions, evaluate vendor technology and consider industry trends and future requirements as defined in the telecom expense roadmap.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; educational concentration in IT, Finance or Business Administration is preferred.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
• 8+ years of experience in Telecom Expense that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position, including 5+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience including experience influencing senior management/critical stakeholders.
• Experience with leveraging and managing IT offshore vendors
• Experience with business analytics and performance reporting.
• Creating and managing reports both cost-related and performance related. Multiple types of break outs from costs, type, locations, users, usage, budget, customer care, etc.
• Must have Telecom / TEM experience.
• Must be highly familiar with Telecom industry billing practices.
• Has negotiated contracts and working knowledge in reviewing / analyzing bills.
• Must have strong ability to work independently in gathering and organizing information.
• Must be a self-starter and prior experience auditing expenses in complex and large Enterprise settings.
• Must have working knowledge of Carriers such as AT&T, Verizon, BT, etc.
• Should be very familiar with accessing Carrier portals and downloading and reviewing bill data.
• Must have very strong knowledge of MS Office tools, specifically Excel.
• Ability to concisely and effectively compile detailed billing information into management reports / summaries.
• Must be able to understand Carrier contracts and rate schedules.
• Must have experience with both VoIP and legacy Wireline services billing.
• Must be able to manage circuit disconnects and / or service changes.
• Should be able to work in a matrixed environment.