Working at HarborChase - Experience Genuine Hospitality & a Rewarding Compensation Package.
HRA is transforming the senior housing industry, and that includes shaping our talent into tomorrow’s leaders. At HarborChase, we believe that success starts with our Associates and we pride ourselves on hiring the best. Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Do you desire a career that is rewarding and one that rewards you?
Qualification Skills/Educational Requirements:
- Provides quality care and assistance to residents in accordance with the resident philosophy and policies and resident rights
- Assists residents in meeting their physical, emotional and spiritual needs
- Adheres to each resident’s Level of Care (LOC), notifies supervisor of any changes in resident’s condition
- Answers and responds to resident calls in a timely manner
- Assists residents with Activities of Daily Living (ADL)
- Checks residents every two (2) hours and reports findings
- Completes assignment sheets daily.
- Encourages residents to attend meals in the dining room by escorting to and from Dining room
- Assists residents with meals in ways that meet their individual needs and desires, while being cognizant of changes in appetites and physical abilities to eat and drink
- Assists with cleaning and setting the dining room as directed by supervisor
- Assists with cleaning and tidying resident’s room as directed by supervisor
- Assists with resident’s personal laundry as directed by supervisor
- Establishes and maintains good relationships with residents and their families
- Disposes of all incontinent products according to OSHA regulations and Company policy
- Practices proper body mechanics when lifting following safety guidelines
- Responds to resident emergencies
- Works assigned schedule
- Follows proper procedure for clocking in and out for shifts
- Follows guidelines for uniforms and wears name badge daily
- Follows policy on signing equipment in and out, and uses Company assigned equipment properly as intended
- The ability to work in a safe and alert manner
- The ability to take ownership for associate’s safety and the safety of the residents
- Must disclose any medication that might impair associate’s ability to perform the job safely or competently.
Does this describe you?
- Must have a high school education
- Non-Certification with proper training, or possession of valid state certification as C.N.A.
- 1 – 3 years experience in a senior care community or nursing home environment preferred
- Has a good understanding of how Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease can affect behavior
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of management, associates, residents, family members, and outside contacts
- Must possess a passion to work with and around senior citizens
- Competitive Wages
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Opportunities for Advancement / Mentorship Program
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Sick & Vacation Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Company Matched 401k Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- and most of all Fun!