Person Memorial Hospital
Prepares and administers radiopharmaceuticals as well as other medications to patients and performs the diagnostic study per physician orders.
• Administers radiopharmaceuticals and medications for patient imaging and therapeutic procedures.
• Processes data and enhances digital images using advanced computer technology.
• Provides images, data analysis and patient information for diagnostic interpretation or therapeutic procedures.
• Evaluates images to determine the technical quality and calibration of instrumentation.
• Processes the images for radiologist review.
• Adheres to department radiation safety practices.
• Obtains brief history and records all pertinent information on finished exams (dose information, patient data, dates, views, etc.)
• Verifies the patient by checking identification arm band and prepares patient for the procedure.
• Explains the procedure to the patient.
• Performs other functions as required or assigned.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Successful Completion of formal Nuclear Medicine Technology Program
Registered by the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB)
Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
One year of direct patient care work experience in nuclear medicine preferred.
Required SkillsLifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Basic Life Support (BLS)