Who is Comprehensive Healthcare?
Comprehensive Healthcare provides innovative behavioral health and integrated healthcare services to clients of all ages. We take pride in our creative and collaborative work environment and in delivering clinically excellent, trauma-informed, recovery-oriented services.
What are we looking for in a Nurse?
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our newest program, Selah Evaluation & Treatment facility, which is set to open April 2019. This new sixteen-bed, secure facility will serve adults who require short-term inpatient treatment due to a crisis or change in function related to mental illness. This program will provide evaluation, stabilization, and brief treatment for adults in a supportive, trauma-informed environment. An integrated, multidisciplinary team of professionals will provide individualized treatment and develop a comprehensive discharge plan that emphasizes family support and community resources.
Nurses in this program will collaborate with the treatment team to provide integrated, evidence-based nursing services to clients throughout their stay. Nurses work closely with clients to administer medications, to provide education about prescriptions and general health needs, and to develop a treatment plan that reflects the clients’ goals. When possible, nurses will also coordinate with clients’ families or social supports to help position clients for success upon discharge from our facilities. Our programs have adopted trauma-informed principles to client care, so the nursing process will similarly take a respectful, patient, client-centered approach. Continuing medical education and regular supervision are provided as part of this position.
Nurses working at Selah E&T enjoy a three-day work week with 12-hour shifts, plus a minimum annual starting salary of $65,000 and comprehensive benefits package. We have both daytime and overnight positions available (7am-7:30pm or 7pm-7:30am); all positions will have shifts on rotating days of the week and will include working every other weekend.
Nurse duties may include:
- administering medications (including injections) and monitoring clients’ symptoms & response to medication
- counseling clients & their families about medications and treatment
- completing nursing intake assessments
- participating in collaborative treatment planning for each client, and offering expertise regarding nursing and medical concerns when needed
- assessing clients for safety and risk to self or others, and taking appropriate crisis intervention measures when indicated
- following appropriate policies, training, and techniques for managing aggressive behavior—including the use of seclusion & restraints
- completing all clinical documentation in timely and thorough manner
- RN / Registered Nurse in Washington State
Salary: minimum starting salary of $65,000 annually, plus benefits
What Comprehensive Healthcare Can Offer You
Training and Development
- A variety of career opportunities in a wide range of settings with room for mobility and promotion
- Regular training opportunities including support, supervision, and consultation in implementing evidence-based services and programs
Innovative Program & Services
- A strong reputation for providing quality, evidence-based services within a collaborative multi-disciplinary team environment
- Innovative, forward-looking leadership that seeks to thrive in an ever-changing healthcare environment
- Joint Commission-accredited organization committed to continuous quality improvement
- Established partnerships with major research universities and other community and healthcare providers to implement cutting-edge treatment programs and services
- Competitive salaries within our communities and industry
- Healthcare coverage for employee and qualified family members
- Generous vacation, paid holiday and sick leave policies
- Access to Employee Assistance Program services
- Agency-funded retirement plan with contributions equal to 5% of compensation
- Additional retirement investment opportunities with a 50% investment match of up to 4% of compensation
- Agency-funded life and disability insurance program
- Financial incentives to further employee education
- Educational loan repayment programs (conditions apply)
Comprehensive Healthcare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. We value the diverse perspectives and strengths that our employees bring to the workplace and we encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply for our positions. The Human Resources department gladly offers accommodations and assistance for the application and interview process; please reach out at (509) 575-4084 to make arrangements.