AdvantageCare Physicians is the largest physician led outpatient medical office in the New York Metropolitan Area. With 36 medical offices in the Brooklyn, Long Island, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island, we aspire to be the preferred care destination for our patients and the communities we serve. This vision is accomplished through focusing our care on the needs of our patients as we partner with them in the pursuit of better health. Each and every day, our actions should be guided by these principles as we interact with our patients, each other and our communities. The values that drive the AdvantageCare Physicians culture include a caring attitude, quality focus, collaboration, excellence and good citizenship. By integrating these behaviors into our day-to-day operations, we can deliver the highest quality healthcare while also creating positive patient experiences.
We are seeking a Nurse Practitioner with 3-5 years of experience to provide medical services in our new Expanded Access service line. Join us in pursuit of high quality patient care to provide a full scope of primary care services including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and health maintenance for adult and pediatric patients. Expanded Access is differentiated from typical on-demand care services in the market - AdvantageCare Physicians Expanded Access ensures that patients’ acute needs are met in the context of their continuing health needs and existing relationships with other AdvantageCare Physicians providers. As such, this position is functions as a member of the AdvantageCare Physicians primary care Care Team. Along with supporting patients’ same-day access needs, the Expanded Care provider works closely with the patient’s existing primary care physicians, specialists, and nurses to coordinate and close gaps in care
• See same-day appointments during regular office hours as well as extended morning, evening, or weekend hours.
• Obtain and document patient history as appropriate to chief complaint or reason for visit.
• Conduct relevant physical exam and evaluate patient, documenting pertinent positive and negative findings.
• Diagnose and treat disease and manage chronic illness.
• Prescribe medication in accordance with New York State and federal law, with no expectation to prescribe controlled substances.
• Order appropriate laboratory, radiological and special examinations or tests; interpret results.
• Provide preventative health services, including health education and counseling.
• Collaborate with other clinicians and staff members to ensure continuity of care of patients.
• Close patient gaps in care, e.g. HEDIS, hospital follow-up care, patient goal-setting.
• Participate in quality initiatives under the direction of the Express Care Service Line Chair and site Medical Office Medical Director.