Summary: The Pediatric Nurse Practitioner is primarily responsible for providing consultation to both community health care providers and institutional health care providers regarding both palliative care and continuity of care. The PNP would also be responsible for providing information on palliative care options available to assist families in the decision making process as desired. The PNP also participates in the areas of program development, professional education, collaborative efforts, fundraising, and research.
- Provides consultation to the Pediatric Nursing staff who are participating in the delivery of care to the CompassionNet clients, both in the home and in the primary medical facility.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of current operational policies and procedures related to CompassionNet programs.
- Participates in the development and implementation of education, and training activities for CompassionNet and Homecare personnel regarding Pediatric Palliative Care.
- Assists in identifying and designing research projects based on data generated from CompassionNet and Homecare programs as well as clinical observations.
- Educate the health team members about technical, cognitive, and clinical developments emerging for the CompassionNet client.
- Perform direct care and documentation for select clients and caregivers that require specialist expertise and meets specified productivity.
- Maintains current clinical knowledge in areas of Pediatric Palliative Care Nursing.
- Identifies and pursues opportunities to extend the boundaries of PNP in the home care field.
- Participates on agency committees that are assigned.
Consults with staff and clients on ethical issues related to treatment and self-determinism.
Assists CompassionNet program with community outreach/awareness.
Works with CompassionNet staff to assure fiscal responsibility
Performs other duties as assigned.
Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
Regular and reliable attendance is required