Join a large outpatient geriatric primary care practice. An exempt position responsible for providing geriatric primary care services, including assessing, diagnosing, prescribing, treating, and educating patients. Works closely with physician and other clinicians in a team approach to patient care. No call, no nights, no weekend responsibilities.
- Asses patient status by obtaining health history through patient/family interview and chart reviews; assessing presenting illness, risk factors, and family history, psychosocial situation, and cultural factors; and performing appropriate physical examination.
- Orders/performs appropriate laboratory diagnostic and other screening tests. Seeks other information as needed, including consultation with physician and other clinicians, for evaluation of illness. Integrates data to determine diagnosis and therapeutic plan, including identification of any health risks.
- Develops and implements treatment plan by prescribing/dispensing medication and/or injections in compliance with medical practice guidelines and state laws. Instructs patients/family regarding medications and treatments. Educations patients regarding health promotion/illness prevention. Recommends appropriate community resources to meet patine/family needs. Communicates appropriate case management information to other professionals and community agencies. Prepares documentation for medical records including updating patient medical chart by posting examination and test results, diagnosis, medications, and treatment in written/computerized manner.
- Participates in peer reviews, chart reviews, staff education, clinical guidelines development, and other continuing education and quality assurance activities to demonstrate compliance with standards, regulations, policies, and procedures. Acts as a consultant/collaborator to clinical team on area of specialty. Complies with patient confidentiality requirements. Promotes patient advocacy.
- Collaborates with Physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patient. provides monitoring and continuity of care between visits according to treatment plan including triaging patient calls/e-mails.