We are a growing company that values and rewards our team members, recognizes your special skills and experience and offers opportunities for growth. Join more than 14,000 team members who help change lives every day and share a mission of delivering high quality home health, hospice and private duty care at home.
Unique clinical environment:
Care for patients one-on-one in home environment with flexibility in scheduling
Culture of teamwork:
Shine on your own, with the support of a multi-disciplinary team
Continuing education and training, tuition assistance, technology and more
Professional development to build skills and opportunities to advance
Progressive, stable company with 30 years of experience in delivering care at home and commitment to clinical excellence
If you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do:
As a Nurse Practitioner (NP) for the palliative care program at Amedisys, you will work autonomously but in collaboration with physicians to deliver palliative care. You will provide palliative medical services by managing the symptoms of acute and chronic conditions, assisting with communication and coordination of care, and developing treatment plans. Care is provided at home and in other care settings which may include: outpatient clinics, hospitals, assisted living, independent living, and skilled nursing facilities.
• Provides palliative care for residents in their home or clinical setting in collaboration with physicians and/or medical directors in conformance with any protocols or guidelines established by or with the collaborating physician, where required by state and/or federal law.
• Performs medically necessary assessments meeting the requirements of Medicare Part B, Evaluation and Management (E&M) codes with accurately and timely documentation.
• Schedules all visits based upon medical assessment and/or the established individualized care plan for the patient.
• Contacts collaborating physician or Medical Director if treatment of patient’s condition warrants physician intervention or needs significant change in treatment plan.
• Orders and reviews appropriate treatments, lab, x-rays, EKGs and other diagnostic procedures as indicated by a palliative plan of care and documents the treatment plan accordingly.
• Reviews results with collaborating physician, if recommendations for treatment are required. When clinically appropriate, re-schedules another visit to follow-up on abnormal labs or test results.
• Reviews, signs and dates consultation notes, makes adjustments in the treatment plan accordingly, and notifies collaborating physician.
• Actively participate in interdisciplinary team conferences
• Master’s Degree or higher degree in Nursing
• Licensed nurse practitioner in the state where services are provided.
• Certified as a Nurse Practitioner by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
• Authority to practice and prescribe as a nurse practitioner in the state where services are provided if prescribing is permitted by state and federal law. NP must comply with all state and federal requirements to be authorized to prescribe Schedule II drugs, such as obtaining any required collaboration agreement and DEA registration number, in those states which permit the NP to prescribe Schedule II drugs.
• Medicare billing privileges as a nurse practitioner.
• Meet physician-nurse practitioner collaborative requirements specific to the state assigned to work by the Company including, if required by applicable state law, entering into a collaborative agreement and supply a copy of all active collaborating physician agreements and any required guidelines and protocols established with or by the collaborating physician within which the NP must practice.
• Have insurance required by state law for nurse practitioners to practice and prescribe in the state where services are provided, or be eligible for such insurance requirements to be satisfied by group coverage with Company.
• One (1 ) year experience as a nurse practitioner.
• Knowledge of disease specific local coverage determinant (LCD) criteria for hospice eligibility along with knowledge of CMS Face to Face regulatory requirements.
• Knowledge of hospice philosophy and service components.
• Current CPR certification.
• Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and practice required liability insurance. Will require travel within designated region.
• Three (3) to five (5) years total nursing experience
• Geriatric primary care and/or hospice experience
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
• Paid Time Off/Holidays
• Health benefits (medical, dental, vision); health spending account
• 401 (K) plan; employee stock purchase plan available
• Continuing education
• Fleet car for eligible employees