The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for providing medical or surgical services to patients; collecting and documenting date, conducting diagnostic and therapeutic procedures; ordering and scheduling necessary studies and professional consultations; and providing direct patient care services to include prescribing medications and other therapies as needed.
- Advanced Nursing Degree with Current Texas State Advanced Practice Nurse license - with Acute Care Nurse Practitioner specialty certification..
- Experience in CVICU strongly preferred. Experience in both clinical and management areas required.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and market services.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated customer, team, and interdepartmental orientation based on CQI principals.
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- Current Texas State Advanced Practice Nurse license - must have Acute Care Nurse Practitioner specialty certification.
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- NRP required within 90 days of hire/transfer date