Summary of Position
The Nurse Practitioner, in collaboration with the primary care physician, provides primary health care and advice on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle to patients with complex chronic and acute health conditions. S/he often serves the elderly and/or disabled. The Nurse Practitioner also serves at-risk families across age groups. S/he obtains medical histories; performs physical examinations; formulates diagnosis and treatment plans of patients; maintains accurate records; and provides health education to the patients as well as other work as required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provide medical, mental health, and health education services for the patient population.
2. Advise and educate patients and family members regarding proper health care.
3. Advise patient on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
4. Obtain detailed medical histories; perform physical examinations; formulate diagnosis and treatment plans; and order diagnostic testing.
5. Instruct and counsel patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens and health maintenance.
6. Diagnose and prescribe treatments both pharmacological and non-pharmacological.
7. Develop and implement patient management plans, record progress notes, and assist in provision of continuity of care.
8. Maintain accurate records for clinical use and QA activities.
9. Assist with data gathering, program development, organization of medical records, and quality control.
10. Collaborate with staff physicians and/or Medical Director and other members of the healthcare team.
11. Supervise coordination of care and attend primary care team meetings.
12. Oversee and supervise clinicians and ancillary staff.
13. Any other duties as required or requested.