For nearly 50 years, Valley Community Healthcare has been one of Los Angeles’ leading
community-based health centers, providing primary care and promoting community wellness and prevention programs. Located in the San Fernando Valley, Valley Community Healthcare has two sites and 30+ providers. We are an NCQA certified-level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home for over 25,000 unique patients and provided over 100,000 medical visits last year. We are looking to grow and integrate our core programs - primary care, pediatrics, adolescent teen clinic, women’s health, dental, optometry, and behavioral health, through a care team approach, quality, and innovative care delivery models.
Applications: Valley Community Healthcare offers competitive salary and benefits packages. Please submit a resume, cover letter, and salary expectation to our Human Resources Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for consideration.
Utilizing Valley Community Healthcare’s (VCH) Patient Centered Medical Home protocols, the College Family Nurse Practitioner (CFNP) will lead VCH’s medical clinical care at the Los Angeles Valley College (LAVC) site. Under the supervision of the Lead Physician and Chief Medical Officer, the CFNP is responsible for providing comprehensive direct primary and urgent care to an ethnically and socially diverse patient population in accordance with protocols, policies, and procedures. The CFNP will ensure a high level of quality in delivery of patient services. In addition, the CFNP must provide leadership and supervision for other ancillary and support staff to enhance their patient care skills. The CFNP will also participate in specific clinic programs or initiatives as assigned, including patient care at the other VCH clinic sites.
1. Patient services: Ensures that patients/clients receive quality, timely, professional care in accordance with VCH’s mission and values and leads the care team by utilizing the Patient Centered Medical Home model.
- Leads the clinic care team in directing team huddles each day.
- Perform complete examinations, assessments, and formulates treatment plans for patients including adults, children and infants.
- Obtains and reviews patient histories and develops patient care plans, ensuring completeness and accuracy in both electronic health record and paper record documentation.
- Orders and interprets in a timely fashion results of laboratory, radiology, and other tests.
- Determines and implements courses of treatment according to evidence based practices.
- Provides and monitors the results of treatment, and makes adjustments as needed.
- Proactively assists the patient and family through all facets of accessing care at VCH and serves as a resource to resolve patient and family concerns.
- Confers with staff regarding care and treatment of patients and assists/mentors them in management of patient care.
- Accesses and manages acute and chronic conditions and participates in disease registry
- Screens all patients for health maintenance needs, including but not limited to immunizations, cancer screening, and behavioral health screening.
- Educates patients and family members in health promotion, disease prevention and birth control methods as appropriate.
- Assists in preparation and selection of patient education materials.
- Provides preliminary telephone consultation to patients, when requested, and directs patients to the appropriate location for care, ranging from the clinic, an urgent care, or an emergency room.
- Contacts patients for follow-up care in case of life threatening illness.
- Helps coordinate efficient flow of patients through the system of care.
- Actively monitors and appropriately directs referrals placed for patient care.
2. Compliance: Ensures services provided comply with regulatory agency requirements, contractual obligations and funding sources.
• Performs/supervises functions, duties and services in compliance with regulatory agencies, contractual obligations and funding sources such as CHDP, EWC, Medi-Cal, HCLA, MHLA, FPact, and Title X.
• Monitors and ensures compliance with clinical evidence based guidelines for adult and pediatric health care.
• Participates in the review, revision, and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure medical practices are in full compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Oversees the maintenance of records/documents in accordance with clinic policies and procedures, contractual obligations, regulations, and funding sources.
• Monitors strict adherence to: universal infection precautions as established by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention; Occupational Safety and Health Administration; DHS/OA; and clinic standards.
- Participates in Quality Improvement initiatives, Quality Assurance assessments, peer review processes, performance evaluations, and maintains confidentiality.
- Participates in team meetings and administrative tasks as assigned by Lead Physicians, Associate Medical Directors, or the Chief Medical Officer.
- Actively reviews no-show visits and lab results. Covers in basket items for other VCH providers as assigned.
- Participates in meetings on the LAVC campus as assigned, and represents VCH at LAVC department meetings in order to facilitate student access to services in the clinic.
- Reviews and implements guidelines and protocols as disseminated by administration.
- Responds to patient questions for medical advice, directs staff to schedule patient appointments.
- Executes appropriate and timely refill of patient medications.
- Participates or collaborates with marketing and other health education staff on education and patient recruitment health fairs.
- Maintains current knowledge-base and appropriate licensure and provides proof of Continuing Education activities and board certification activities to clinic administration.
- Maintains productivity and quality of care per VCH standards.
- Ensures compliance with license requirements as stated in Title 22.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Creates and maintains effective interpersonal relationships with all employees; keeps employees informed of changes which may affect the work environment.
• Communicates effectively with all levels of staff throughout the clinic by consistently utilizing and facilitating effective strategies to encourage collaborative problem solving and decision making.
• Trouble shoots difficult problems or situations and takes independent action to resolve them.
• Through teamwork and accountability exhibits behaviors and attitudes of courtesy and respect for all staff at the clinic in accordance with its mission and values.
• Establishes and maintains effective and positive working relationships with representative of outside agencies, government entities, vendors, as well as other clinical staff, volunteers, and staff; represents the clinic site when appropriate.
• Ensures patient confidentiality and demonstrates complete discretion when discussing patient information.
5. Fiscal management:
• Practices cost-effective medicine by utilizing appropriate use of laboratory and prescription utilization in line with clinic preferred laboratory and drug formulary.
• Completes documentation for clinic sessions in a timely manner ensuring accuracy and completeness to ensure the clinic can collect funds for the services.