The Nurse Practitioner (NP) will perform Medicare Advantage health risk assessment, annual wellness visits, follow-up visits in clinic, home or facility. Will have frequent interactions with the patients, coders, schedulers, quality coordinators, case managers and primary care or supervising physician to ensure accurate and timely assessment and interventions as identified for the patient. Provides education to the patient and/or family on chronic medical conditions, preventative care and medication management, adherence compliance. Initiate and complete all paperwork within the practice EMR and the company applications for quality, care management and risk adjustment. Perform duties within their scope of practice and under the general supervision of the supervising physician.
• Conducts health risk assessments, annual wellness visits and/or follow-up visits in clinic, facility or home setting.
• Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
• Documents patient care services/encounters in the electronic medical record system and documents in the applicable care management, quality and risk adjustment applications to ensure appropriate documentation of acute, chronic and long term healthcare issues.
• Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens for chronic and acute conditions; giving normal growth and development information; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
• Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
• Must be able to follow physician treatment plan of care.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to physician's effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives.
• Collaborates with Social Worker, Pharmacist, Case Manager, Coder and Quality Coordinator on needed interventions
• Addresses gaps in care related to HEDIS or STARs measures with patient and staff.
• Diagnose and treat patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories, ensuring accurate charting.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Understand and ensure non–violation of HIPAA laws