Silverado Hospice. Passion. Possibilities. Purpose.
Silverado is currently looking for a FT, permanent position, NP to join our palliative team! This is not a contract position.Silverado Associates know that there is no substitute for a meaningful career. We take pride in knowing the world is a better place because of what we do, and we feel fortunate to be part of a family that is unified in this commitment. We get the chance to learn every day, the opportunity to grow, and the ability to help others. At Silverado, it is about ENRICHING LIVES!Silverado is presently seeking a FT Nurse Practitioner! Meet our associates and learn why they love working with Silverado: http://www.silverado.com/recruiting/meet-our-team/
Summary of Major Functions:
- Performs comprehensive palliative nursing assessments.
- Assesses for signs and symptoms of discomfort including presence of pain and takes prompt and appropriate action.
- Initiates plan of care, all services provided to patients/families in all settings to include patient home visits.
- Provides direct Face to Face visits to referred and existing patients contacts physician for patient updates.
- Maintains knowledge of state and federal regulations and JCAHO standards (if applicable).
- Participates in QAPI program.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Advanced Practice Registered Nursing.
- End of Life Nursing Education Program (ELNEC) – to include all 8 modules must be completed within 18 months of employment with Silverado Hospice.
- Current Advanced Practice Registered Nurse License within the state of employment.
- MSN or Doctoral Degree required.
- Certification in Hospice and Palliative Nursing desired.
- Minimum of one-year experience as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, palliative experience preferred
- Demonstrated competency in performance of professional nursing functions.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with dying patients and their families.
- Possesses a sympathetic attitude toward caring for the hospice patient and demonstrates positive communication skills in interacting with other members of the hospice team.
- Accurately assesses the eligibility of patients for hospice service.
- Valid driver's license and auto insurance.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.