Starr Regional Medical Center, part of LifePoint Health, is a two-hospital system with campuses in Athens and Etowah. The Athens campus provides inpatient and outpatient services through its 118-bed acute care facility and physician practices. Starr Regional Medical Center's Etowah campus is home to an emergency department, outpatient services, an 88-bed skilled and long-term care nursing home, a senior care program and wound care center.
Our Medical & Surgical department at our Athens campus is currently seeking talent to fill the position of variable shift Nurse Tech / Patient Care position This job is permanent, PRN.
- Competitive Pay
- Heath Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision) for full-time employees
- Competitive Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank package for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid Training
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance for qualified applicants
Core competencies for the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performs basic patient care activities as delegated and supervised by an RN, including monitoring vital signs, possibly taking blood glucose measurements, and recording intake and output.
- Assists patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living, including but not limited to bathing, grooming, eating, and ambulation.
- Reports abnormal findings or changes in physical, mental, and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Assists with keeping patient rooms and common areas stocked, clean and orderly.