Join our team at Acts Retirement-Life Communities! Acts has been setting the standard for excellence in senior retirement living since 1972, with a vision founded in faith and guided by a commitment to integrity and loving kindness.
Under the supervision of the licensed Nurse, the Nursing Aide provides indirect Resident care; follows established policies and procedures of the facility and respects confidentiality at all times.
Essential Job Functions
* Answers signal lights, bells, or intercom system to determine residents needs and seeks assistance as needed.
* Serves and collects food trays during the residents' meal and returns late trays to the Food Service Department.
* Changes bed linens, as needed.
* Cleans, stores, prepares, and issues personal care supplies and incontinent care products.
* Keeps Residents' room, bathroom and unit tidy and organized.
* Identifies safety hazards and emergency situations and reports to supervisor.
* Reports Resident's complaints or concerns immediately to the Licensed Nurse.
* Attends mandatory education programs and in-services.
* Distributes bed linens and personal laundry to residents, place clothing in closets or drawers.
* Distributes ice and fresh water to residents.
* Labels all resident's personal belongings.
* Answers telephones and takes messages.
* Assists the Recreation Coordinator with activities.
* Accompanies the Residents on appointments as needed.
* Attends state approved Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) training program and obtains certification within 120 days of employment.
* Upon completion of classroom instruction per an individual's task, may then assist a CNA and/or licensed nurse the performance of this task, Such as:
* Basic hygiene and grooming needs including bathing, dressing and undressing, grooming, mouth care and nail care
* Assists residents with toileting needs, (ie - transferring to and from toilets, use of bed pans and changing incontinent products)
* Feeds residents requiring help
* Transports residents
* Turns and reposition bedfast residents
* Takes and records vital signs
* Calculates food and fluid intakes and outputs
* Collects samples, such as urine, stool and sputum
* Performs post-mortem care
* Documents on notes and flow sheets.
* May perform other duties as assigned.
Critical Skills and Knowledge Necessary
* Able to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing
* Able to follow direction and ask questions appropriately
* Ability to cooperate and interact with personnel from other departments, as well as with Residents and their families/visitors
The critical skills and knowledge required to successfully perform the functions of the position are normally obtained thru the completion of a minimum of six months work experience within the geriatric health care field. On the job training of ..................will be required to learn [example: the specific computer programs and company procedures].
* Lifting 50 pounds and carrying 10-20 pounds short distances frequently. Weight greater than 50
* pounds require assistance from co-worker or use of lifting device
* Standing and walking frequently with occasional sitting
* Able to perform simple grasping and pushing/pulling 50 pounds frequently
* Reaching below knees to above head frequently
* Bending, kneeling and squatting occasionally
* Twisting and turning upper torso occasionally
* Talking and Hearing in person and on telephone
* Clear speaking voice
* Sense of smell
* Near acuity and color vision
* Inside 100%
* Occasional Exposure to wet conditions
* Hazards -- Blood Borne Pathogens and Infectious Diseases