This is a PART TIME position not to exceed 120 days while awaiting for a NAC certification at which time the employee will transition to a NAC position.
Retirement benefits offeredGENERAL SUMMARY:
The Nursing Assistant Registered provides routine nursing care in accordance with CRISTA’s established policies and procedures and may be directed by the nurse or department director to assure that the highest degree of quality patient care can be maintained at all times.ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Responsibilities, Accountabilities, and Competencies; may not include all duties of this jobJOB DUTIES
1. Perform care to resident(s) within knowledge and skill care area by:
- Verifying the identity of a resident before providing care or serving food to ensure that appropriate care is being provided to the correct resident.
- Assist residents in activities of daily living.
2. Follow policies and procedures regarding charting, documentation and reporting.
3. Build personal relationships with residents and their families to ensure that care is based on personal preferences of the resident, while creating a home-like atmosphere of warmth and caring that meets the ongoing needs of the resident.
4. Participate in training meetings and other ongoing education opportunities to ensure that training requirements are met.
5. Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, residents and families.
6. Perform other related duties as assigned.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience
1. Christian Commitment: Must have a strong personal faith in Christ and demonstrate a Christian life-style that exemplifies personal integrity.
2. Education: Must have completed, be currently enrolled or planning to be enrolled in an Approved Certified Nursing Assistance Program within 120 days of employment.
4. Other Considerations:
- Healthcare provider required to comply with the federal law (HIPAA) that addresses privacy and security of protected health information. HIPAA training required. This job has access to resident health information.
- Risk for exposure to infectious disease, substances, and odors throughout the work day.
- Ability to think quickly and make independent decisions.
- Subject to frequent interruptions, mental and emotional stress.
- Remain calm during emergencies and/or stressful situations.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Flexibility in duties and structure of day to help meet the needs of the residents.
- Ability to work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, residents and families.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience
1. Education: High School Graduate
2. Experience: Long Term Care / Assisted Living experience.
3. Licensure/Certification: Fundamentals of Care Certificate (Basic Training), Mental Health Certificate, Dementia Certificate, CPR, First Aid, Nurse Delegation, Food Handlers Card – or willingness to receive training in these areas.