If you are looking for an exciting career opportunity with a national leader of personalized health care – this is your chance to join us at Intrepid USA! We are a national company with a local perspective, and working with us, you'll find that what we do is all about what matters the most – helping patients live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Our innovative approach gives patients access to the highly experienced clinical teams and up-to-date programs you would expect from a large company and combines them with the flexible, dedicated and personalized care you may expect from a smaller company.
Due to our continued growth, we are seeking a dedicated Occupational Therapist on a PRN or 'as needed basis' to play a key role providing restorative therapy to our clients. At Intrepid, we focus on the heart of the matter – providing talented healthcare professionals, giving them opportunities to follow their passion, and ultimately giving patients the best care available for home health care, hospice and private duty care. Bring your enthusiasm and compassion to help others and we’ll provide you with a nurturing caring environment that will empower and inspire you to make a difference.
As a Occupational Therapist, you will provide restorative therapy to the client, using special techniques or providing adaptive devices to assist the client in gaining independence in activities of living in accordance with the plan of care. You may also oversee the Occupational Therapy Assistants to assure appropriate implementation of the plan of care.
Additional duties for role include, but are not limited to:
- Assuming responsibility and accountability for the practice of Occupational Therapy in a manner consistent with the agency policies and the State Practice Act.
- Performing comprehensive subjective and objective admission and ongoing assessment of client functional status and activities of daily living.
- Administering functional ability tests and competency as needed.
- Evaluating adaptive equipment needs and obtaining equipment for client
- Formulating individualized therapy plan of care that incorporates analysis of assessment data.
- Providing therapy interventions aimed at achieving realistic outcomes within a specified period of time.
- Modifying and updating the therapy plan of care to reflect progress toward outcomes.
- Participating in the development, review, and updating of the care plan.
- Consistently demonstrating competency with occupational therapy skills according to personal and legal scope of practice.
- Evaluating the home environment and make appropriate recommendations.
- Submitting all documentation (clinical and payroll) on a timely basis and per branch policy.
- Instructing client, family and other team members in proper use of assistive equipment, prosthetic devices and adaptation devices.
- Evaluating effectiveness of teaching and modifying accordingly.
- Relay significant changes in status to physician and other members of the team in a time period consistent with client need.
- Maintaining client records showing systematic assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation
- Documenting client charts, records, clinical notes, etc., legibly and according to documentation guidelines and standards
- Providing consistent and adequate supervision of the OT Assistant.
We are seeking a reliable and personable Occupational Therapist who combines the knowledge and skills necessary to perform all procedures as outlined, with the ability to contribute as a team member and work under minimal supervision. You should be highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to positively adapt to change. Furthermore, it is important that you display excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, as well as a strong knowledge of the regulatory requirements at the state, federal, and local level.
Specific qualifications for this health care therapy role include:
- Graduate of an approved school of Occupational Therapist by the American Occupational Therapy Association or if required, licensed by the state professional licensing agency.
- Minimum of 1 year of occupational therapy experience in acute care; home care settings, preferred
- Current CPR certification
- Current and valid license as a Occupational Therapist by your state of practice
- Auto liability insurance per policy plus current and unrestricted driver’s license
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and ability to take actions to meet customer needs
- Commitment to adhere to work schedules in completing and performing assigned tasks
- Ability to adhere to policies and procedures and willingness to support our mission
- Demonstrated competency with physical therapy skills according to personal and legal scope of practice
Join Intrepid USA – and make a real difference in the lives of our patients!