Occupational Therapist - Physical Therapy Outpatient - Nursing Home - PRN (Variable Shifts) - position available.
Core competencies for the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assesses patient's ability to safely and effectively perform occupational skills. Designs the appropriate plan of care, including type and frequency of treatment.
- Implements the treatment plan using appropriate modalities.
- Documents subjective and objective findings of patient progress. Monitors and modifies the plan of care as needed. Seeks consultation as necessary.
- Educates the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits.
- Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy services and treatment setting. Provides information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support programs.
- Supervises and delegates the care provided by certified occupational therapy assistants and therapy technicians according to established licensing laws, state regulations and practice standards.