We are currently seeking a full-time Substance Abuse Therapist for our Beckley Comprehensive Treatment Center facility. Hours are M-F 7am-4pm
Beckley Comprehensive Treatment Center is a comprehensive outpatient substance abuse treatment facility serving patients diagnosed with the disease of addiction. The qualified candidate will work closely in a team environment with a team of clinicians, medical personnel, and office personnel in accordance with State and Federal Regulations to provide care for our patients. We offer our patients an out-patient environment conducive to recovery from the disease of addiction, specifically to the opioid class of drugs. We offer our staff an educational environment where patient care is our top priority.
We offer a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Company paid group term life insurance.
Under the supervision of the Clinical Supervisor, our counselors are ultimately responsible for providing individual and group therapy to patients with a primary diagnosis of chemical dependency. Additional responsibilities include:
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilizing knowledge of a variety of therapeutic models and theories to understand and plan intervention strategies for a variety of patients
- Monitoring patient progress and making changes to the therapeutic approach and best practice, evidenced based interventions based on patient response to treatment
- Working collaboratively with the patient and appropriate others to develop a comprehensive treatment plan that addresses priority needs of the patient, desired treatment outcomes, an agreed upon plan of action, and reassessment;
- Maintaining patient records related to screening, intake, treatment, continuing care, progress toward goals and objectives, discharge summary, and treatment outcomes that are accurate, concise, timely, and useful for coordinating treatment team planning, monitoring, and review.
- Coordinating and cooperating with local agencies and organizations necessary to expedite treatment for each patient.
Our hours are earlier than many places, typically 6:00AM to 2:30PM, this gives our counselors more time to pursue part-time schooling and hobbies in the evenings and weekends. Hours my vary by location.
* Master's Degree in Social/Behavioral Sciences or a related field is required
* 2 years of prior Substance Abuse Counseling experience is required
* Excellent Verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills
* Time management & organizational skill
* Love to smile! Want to make a difference!
* Great organizational skills.
Hours: Monday - Friday 7am-4pm