Outpatient Therapist – Mental Health/ Substance Use
Intercommunity Action, Inc. is seeking Licensed (or License eligible) Clinicians to provide outpatient counseling to adults in a community mental health setting in NW Philadelphia. This position requires experience working with adult clients with substance use and mental health disorders. We offer part-time contractor positions with flexible daytime and evening hours, competitive compensation, individual and group supervision, free evidenced-based treatment training opportunities, and plenty of support. Sensitive to trauma-informed treatment approaches is desirable. We incorporate and strive towards Sanctuary Model practices in all of our programs.
1. Provides appropriate psychotherapy and treatment of participants in accordance to prior assessments, diagnosis and recovery plan. Treatment provided must be evidence based or evidence informed and be reflected clearly in recovery planning and therapeutic interventions.
2. Engages in ongoing assessments to determine the strengths and needs of the participant and incorporates into recovery plan.
3. Assures the inclusion of the participant, the participant’s family and significant others as active members of the treatment process.
4. Works with the participant and other service providers in determining the need for and developing a plan for the procurement of necessary family support services and/or special evaluations.
5. Develops with the participant, participant’s family and significant supports and other involved professionals, the procedures for a 24 hour crisis plan which is documented clearly in the medical record.
6. Collaborates with other involved professionals and agencies in order to provide unified services and continuity of care to the participants including case managers, dentists and primary care physicians.
7. Maintains clinical records utilizing Agency’s electronic medical records (EMR) system in accordance with Agency policies and procedures, state regulations and managed health care requirements.
8. Completes all documentation and paperwork in a timely fashion as required by Agency policies and/or as requested by supervisor. Concurrent or collaborative documentation is strongly encouraged. All required documentation must be completed within 24 hours after services have been delivered.
9. Attends consultation sessions as agreed upon with clinical supervisor.
10. Completes all mandatory trainings (in first 90 days and then on an annual basis) to maintain Community Behavioral Health (CBH) credentialing (see Special Conditions). Failure to do so will result in termination of this agreement and the ability to provide services to Agency participants.
11. Must participate in Interact’s Quality Improvement activities as requested including the participation in on-going outcomes oriented tasks.
12. Functions in full compliance with all policies and procedures, federal, state and local laws and Interact’s Code of Conduct. Must participate in Interact’s Compliance Program, including reporting suspected violations of the compliance program or applicable laws or regulations to immediate supervisor or Compliance Officer.
13. Other job related duties as needed.
14. Adheres to safe work practices.
1. Contractor will provide Administrative Assistant Coordinator and Clinical Supervisor with work schedule 4 weeks in advance. Failure to do so may result in contractor not being scheduled for billable events (i.e., intakes, individual sessions, etc). Any changes to schedule not noted on submitted schedule must be submitted to the Administrative Coordinator and Clinical Supervisor in a timely manner. Consistent inability to adhere to submitted schedule may result in termination of this agreement. Every effort must be made to not cancel and reschedule any previously scheduled appointment.
2. Front desk staff will schedule and manage contractor’s schedule according to Agency’s Attendance Policy. Available direct service slots will be filled by the Front Desk under the guidance of program supervisors.
3. At least 80% of the contractor’s time when he or she is scheduled for an office, must be available to be scheduled for billable activity
1. Contractor will be paid an agreed upon rate per hour for face-to-face billable services provided. This rate will not exceed 50% of the CBH individual therapy rate. As a result, the Agency agrees to provide office space and support services including administrative assistance, IT and office supplies.
2. Contractors will hand in invoices for services completed on a bi-weekly basis. All required paperwork, including progress notes and updated recovery plans must be completed before program supervisor will sign-off on invoices. Services provided under an outdated recovery plan may not be reimbursed. Invoices handed in 30 days after the completion of services must be approved by the program director.