Aerotek is currently hiring an overnight Medical Receptionist for the emergency room of a major hospital system in Norfolk, VA!
The Receptionists/Registration Techs are divided into 3 areas and they will be trained on all areas.
1. Quick Book - this is the most basic patient registration when they walk into the ER. They will get the patient name, DOB, basic demographic info to get them checked in. There is no insurance verification at this point - they will go straight to the triage nurse to go over systems.
2. Minor Care - This is bed side registration for patients that should be in and out pretty quickly. Bed side registration includes -insurance verification to confirm active policy, co-payment collection, authorization data entry and billing inquiry functions. Responsible for accurate data collection, documentation, and data retrieval with computerized systems - getting the rest of the demographic info needed
3. Main Treatment Area- this is the same process as minor care however these are for more serious patients.
Must be available Monday - Sunday. Shifts will be 7am-7pm or 5:30pm - 1am. Total hours for each week will be 40hours.
They will work every other weekend (the same shifts that they have during the week) Both days Saturday and Sunday and then they will have days off during the week
- Strong customer service experience
- Patient Registration experience
- Insurance Verification is helpful
- EMR experience
- Experience collecting co-payments
- Really need someone who is reliable and can work the shift and on weekends
- Strong data entry and computer skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Need to be comfortable in a very fast paced environment - comfortable being up and down to do bed side registration
- Looking for someone who will take initiative and help out wherever needed
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.