Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women’s and children’s health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing Company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
The Payroll Tax Supervisor supervises and coordinates payroll tax activities for approximately 35,000 employees and independent contractors working across 600 legal entities and multiple state/local tax jurisdictions. The Payroll Tax Supervisor will supervise the Payroll Tax Analysts to ensure that all payroll taxes/returns are processed accurately using ADP Smart Compliance. The Payroll Tax Supervisor, in conjunction with the Tax Director, will be the Subject Matter Expert for payroll taxes within the organization.
- Supervise the Payroll Tax Analyst team and ensure that their duties are being performed accurately and timely
- Train new Payroll Tax Analysts
- Provide timely feedback related to job performance with a focus on correcting deficiencies that will impact the department goals
- Work with Payroll Tax Management to ensure there is compliance with statutory tax requirements at the local, state and federal level
- Research/Review new IRS regulations for Payroll Tax and update the company’s records
- Oversee the Quarterly and Annual Tax Reconciliations for 941’s, W2’s and 1099’s Conduct audit of year end information for W-2’s and processing W-2C’s as necessary
- Submit and follow-up on all statutory notices including IRS notices submitted to ADP
- Other duties as assigned by the Tax Director
- Reads and abides by the company’s code of conduct, ethics statements, employee handbook(s), policies and procedures and other corporate mandates, including participation in mandatory training programs
- Reports any real or suspected violation of the corporate compliance program, company policies and procedures, harassment or other prohibited activities in accordance with the reporting policies of the company
- Obtains clarification of policy whenever necessary and may use the resources available through the Compliance, Human Resources or Legal Department to do so
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work independently as well as within the team, and under time constraints to meet schedules and deadlines
- Ability to coach, develop and guide department with strong leadership skills
- Ability to create Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) measuring value that demonstrates how effectively the department is achieving key business objectives and to evaluate success at reaching target goals
- Ability to multi-task several projects with demanding deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing across all levels of the organization
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Have strong organizational skills to meet the demands of a busy compliance team
- Analytical thinking and good math skills is essential
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year College or University and 5 or more years of supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education and experience as detailed above.
- Healthcare industry experience with complex payroll structures across multiple legal entities is preferred.
- Experience working both independently and, in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience with multiple entities / companies, multiple tax jurisdictions within a multi-frequency payroll for large number of employees
- Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Word.
- Oracle EBS Software or equivalent ERP Payroll Software.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Oracle and ADP Smart Compliance are systems of record; experience with similar HCM and Payroll Tax software programs
- Utilize Oracle EBS –Navigate through employee records and enter updates (tax setup, balance adjustments, tax refunds)
- Utilize Smart Compliance – Manage system related to tax-related responses
- Microsoft Office Suite
Certificates and Licenses:
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification preferred
- Trains, coaches, and mentors team
- Responsible for managing exempt employees
- Assists with planning and conducting performance appraisals and talent assessments of staff, recommending merits, bonuses and promotions and administering corrective actions when necessary
HIPAA Access Level:
[X] Low Level – No Access to Patient Information
 Med Level – View Only Access to Patient Information
 High Level – View/Edit to Patient Information (Generally limited to Providers or care givers)
Envision Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.