PERSONAL CARE AIDE (PCA)
Sign On Bonus!!!
Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo CountiesNurseCore is a leader in supplemental staffing and home healthcare. We are currently seeking experienced personal care aides to provide exceptional care for patients throughout Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo Counties. Consistent schedules available with a variety of shifts including days, nights and weekend visits. Coverage is for high-level care patients to include transfers, Hoyer lifts and personal care. NurseCore is proud to offer a $200 sign-on bonus to all new* PCA's upon completion of working 80 hours *Applicable to new NurseCore employees only. Must mention “sign-on” bonus during application process
- Top Pay
- Flexible Schedules
- Health, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Friendly, Accessible Office Staff
You can expect on-going support from our Clinical Director and friendly staff.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Under professional supervision, provides client assistance with nutritional and environmental support and personal hygiene, feeding and dressing and/or as an extension of self-directed clients, select health-related tasks.
- Personal hygiene including shampoo, bathing (shower, tub, bed, sponge, etc.). Oral care including dentures. Skin care.
- Buys, prepares and service nutritious meals in accordance with prescribed diet.
- Performs routine housekeeping tasks and errands as related to a safe and comfortable environment.
- Works with community agencies involved with client as directed. Guides the client in social activities.
- Keeps client area clean and safe.
- Follows Plan of Care established by RN or therapist. Reports changes in client's condition or home situation to the supervising professional. Prepares a visit report daily and submits completed documentation to agency.
- Other health care tasks delegated and supervised by the RN or therapist.
- Participates in case conferences and coordination of care activities. Keeps agency informed of new training or skills.
We have a variety of PCA openings available and are excited about matching you with a great opportunity! Take a look at the requirements below, to see what you’ll need to get started.
- Eighteen years or older.
- Able to read and write consistent with job requirements.
- Successful completion of a training program in personal care services per state regulations.
- Fulfills state health requirements.
- Reliable means of transportation.
- Capable of moving, lifting and/or transferring clients without posing a danger to the client, co-worker or self.
- Experience with Hoyer lift a plus
- Experience working with head trauma patients a plus
- Current CPR
- Proof of current physical/PPD
- Successful completion of the skills assessment specific to the areas of experience including any specialty areas.