The Visiting Nurse Association of Florida is a locally owned Homecare Organization specializing in providing long term nursing and personal care services to individuals needing help in the privacy and comfort of their homes. At the VNA, we understand the importance of treating our patients and our caregivers like family. Investing in compassionate and skilled caregivers is instrumental in the process of improving the quality and the lives of our clients.
As a Physical Therapist with the VNA, you will learn all aspects of our model and quickly become a vital part of the team. In our fast-growing environment, we’re committed to developing talent from within and are dedicated to the personal and professional growth of our employees. Our ideal Physical Therapist will be able to accomplish the following duties:
Education and Experience
- Evaluates and admits patients to service after conducting a comprehensive assessment (including the OASIS data), taking a pertinent health history, and evaluating the home situation to determine if the case is appropriate for home care
- Conducts OASIS assessments accurately, according to instructions in Chapter 8 of the OASIS Implementation Manual, and corresponding to documentation contained elsewhere in the assessment note
- Understands the home health coverage guidelines for Medicare/Insurance and determines whether the care required meets those guidelines
- Is responsible for establishing a plan of care and clinical pathway based on the physician's orders, with periodic revisions as necessary, and assuring that those physicians orders are followed
- Develops reasonable, specific and measurable goals that commensurate with the plan of care, are agreed upon by the patient/care giver. Counsels and instructs in order to accomplish goals
- Instructs the patient/care giver and other health team members in the care and use of therapeutic equipment and devices and in the patient's total therapy program
- Initiates discharge planning with patient/care giver at time of admission and throughout the case
- Graduate from an approved school of Physical Therapy
- Currently licensed in the state of Florida
- Have at least 1 year of experience
The Visiting Nurse Association of Florida offers competitive pay, mileage reimbursement, flexible schedules and Paid Time Off after one year. Additionally, Medical Benefits are not just for Full Time employees, all Per Diem employees have the opportunity to enroll in Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Critical Illness coverage and much more!