Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standing full-service hospitals and numerous satellite practices maintain a true devotion to advanced clinical expertise and unmatched compassion. On February 2, 2016, Providence became part of the LifePoint Health network, and shortly thereafter, changed its name to Providence Health to better represent the full complement of its services. Driven by quality, compassion, and Christ, Providence treats the whole person- body, mind, and spirit.
Providence Health is currently looking for a Physical Therapist Aide - PRN to join our team. This position will serves on an as needed basis for both our locations (Downtown and Northeast) and will need to be available for weekend shifts.
- Transports patients and charts to and from therapy as scheduled.
- Is familiar with body mechanics, lifting and transfer techniques and is able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Transfers patients to and from bed, whirlpools, treatment tables, toilet and wheel chairs demonstrating safety techniques.
- Checks, orders, and stores supplies including linen, bandage material and sterile supplies.
- Returns used sterile equipment to Central Processing for resterilization
- Assembles and places supplies and equipment for use by therapist.
- Changes linen on beds and treatment tables and changes linen bags.
- Assists patients in dressing, undressing, and toileting as necessary.
- Prepares whirlpools.
- Under the supervision of a therapist or PT Assistant, the PT Aide will remove hot packs, remove cold packs, remove bandages, place patient and/or limb in whirlpool bath, assist with exercise and ambulation, assist in redressing of wounds, assist with activities of daily living.
- Cleans and disinfects whirlpools after each use.
- Cleans hot pack machine monthly.
- Empty and fill paraffin unit annually, sterilize monthly.
- Cleans cold pack machine monthly.
- Monitors temperatures of the following equipment daily/weekly: hot pack machine, cold pack machine, paraffin unit.
- Keeps PT Department neat, clean and free of hazards.