The Paramedic reports to the practice manager. Provides direct patient care utilizing his/her skill and expertise to complement the other members of the health care team. Provides training and support to certified and non-certified medical assistants.
Under the general direction of the Provider(s), performs a variety of patient care activities and accommodative services to assigned patients of all ages. Supports the objectives of the clinic and hospital. Refers significant information or concerns to the Provider(s).
Assist the Provider to provide service to patients of all ages including evaluation, planning, individual treatment programs goals and other related duties within the designated scope of practice.
2. Responsible for calling in/e-scribe medication to pharmacies in accordance with clinic protocol. Triage patient calls and answering patient questions. Obtains vitals, patient and medication history
3. Assist with monitoring and management of patient and physician electronic messages as delegated by the provider within scope of practice.
4. Provides assistant functions to patients (personal care, ambulation, transports).
5. Assists in minor procedures, sterile prep and supplies
6. Documents care given and data gathered, including lab and diagnostic imaging –Reports findings to Physician. Notifies patients of lab and diagnostic test results under the direct supervision of the health care provider.
8. Maintenance/Training/Drills – CRASH CART (if applicable)
9. Responsible for training and support of clinical staff – certified and non-certified medical assistants
10. Maintains confidentiality and protects privacy of healthcare information, security of password, and access codes.
11. Maintains a clean and well organized work station, follows all safety regulations, code of conduct and ethics, Revenue Cycle Guidelines, customer service, and attends hospital and clinical training and departmental staff meetings. Other duties as assigned.