AdvantageCare Physicians is the largest physician led outpatient medical office in the New York Metropolitan Area. With 36 medical offices in the Brooklyn, Long Island, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island, we aspire to be the preferred care destination for our patients and the communities we serve. This vision is accomplished through focusing our care on the needs of our patients as we partner with them in the pursuit of better health. Each and every day, our actions should be guided by these principles as we interact with our patients, each other and our communities. The values that drive the AdvantageCare Physicians culture include a caring attitude, quality focus, collaboration, excellence and good citizenship. By integrating these behaviors into our day-to-day operations, we can deliver the highest quality healthcare while also creating positive patient experiences.
We are seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant with three to five years of experience to provide medical services in our new Expanded Access service line treating both acute and chronic conditions in primary care, women’s health, pediatrics and urgent care. Join us in pursuit of high quality patient care to provide a full scope of primary care services including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and health maintenance for adult and pediatric patients.
Expanded Access is differentiated from typical on-demand care services in the market - AdvantageCare Physicians Expanded Access ensures that patients’ acute needs are met in the context of their continuing health needs and existing relationships with other AdvantageCare Physicians providers. As such, this position functions as a member of the AdvantageCare Physicians Primary Care Team. Along with supporting patients’ same-day access needs, the Expanded Care provider works closely with patients’ existing primary care physicians, specialists and nurses to coordinate and close gaps in care. As a new member of the care team, you will have the opportunity to help shape this new and innovative approach to care.
● Participate in shaping an innovative model of extended primary care that differs from the traditional urgent care market to
more effectively meet patient’s needs
● See same-day appointments during extended morning, evening or weekend hours.
● Obtain and document patient history as appropriate to chief complaint or reason for visit.
● Conduct relevant physical exam and evaluate patient, documenting pertinent positive and negative findings.
● Diagnose, treat disease and manage chronic illness.
● Prescribe medication in accordance with New York State and federal law.
● Order appropriate laboratory, radiological and special examinations or tests; interpret results.
● Provide preventative health services, including health education and counseling.
● Collaborate with other clinicians and staff members to ensure continuity of care of patients.
● Close patient gaps in care and ensure HEDIS quality measures and hospital follow-up care.
● Participate in quality initiatives under the direction of the Express Care Service Line Chair and Site Medical Office