Aerotek is currently hiring a Patient Access Technician for a major healthcare provider in Virginia Beach, VA!
- Greets, instructs, directs and assists patients and visitors upon arrival to the service area.
- Assist in patient registration,
- Perform insurance verification to confirm active policy
- co-payment collection,
- authorization data entry and
- billing inquiry functions.
- Responsible for accurate data collection, documentation, and data retrieval with computerized systems.
- Works collaboratively with various departments on patient access related information.
- Provides coverage to assigned registration locations including those outside of primary work location or by task assignment based on operational needs.
Hours are Monday - Friday 3 PM - 11 PM and Saturday and Sunday 11 am - 11 pm. Will be required to work every other weekend (12 hour shifts) and 3-4 days during the work week
***Need to be okay working every other weekend BOTH days for 12 hours each day - Need to be flexible and willing to work that schedule***
- Patient Registration experience
- Strong customer service
- Insurance Verification
- Billing/Coding understanding is helpful
- EMR experience is helpful
- Experience collecting co-payments
- Really need someone who is reliable and can work the shift
- Strong customer service/patient experience
- MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A DRUG TEST AND NICOTINE TEST
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.