Frye Regional Medical Center
A medical office position responsible for front office processes in the physician practice
1. Greeting patients entering the physician practice.
2. Answering office phones, making appointments, confirming appointments and rescheduling when necessary.
3. Checks in patients and collects accurate patient demographics, enters data into electronic system and verifies insurance.
4. Assists in checking out patients and assists them with referral processing and scheduling process
5. Collects co-pays and posts charges.
6. Charge entry and patient balance processing.
7. Distributes information to patients regarding office policies, procedures, information about the practice, etc.
8. Explain and enroll patients in the patient portal.
9. Additional responsibilities as needed.
High school diploma or equivalent required
Graduate from a medical office assistant program preferred
Required SkillsLifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.