Associate's degree with payroll department experience in a web-based payroll environment. Knowledge of Excel and Word for Windows is essential, as well as the ability to work independently. Knowledge of Excel and Word is essential, as well the ability to work independently. Knowledge of Ceridian/Dayforce or similar payroll system desired. Candidate must have ability to meet deadlines. Candidate must have good communication skills and excellent computer skills.
- Process with a high degree of accuracy the bi-weekly payroll from information provided on electronic time card system (Dayforce).
- Preparation of the distribution of employee payroll checks.
- Respond to program personnel staff.
- Respond to unemployment claims and wage verifications.
- Verify Municipal Credit Union bi-weekly deduction report and request payment.
- Process and reconcile the employee Third Party Sick Pay information on a quarterly basis.
- Obtain and resolve old outstanding payroll checks.
- Provide support for quarterly 941 reconciliations.
- Run payroll reports as needed and provide analysis of payroll data to accounting department.
- Employees paid on a timely and accurate manner.
- To ensure that each employee entitled for payment receives an accurate check.
- To maintain customer service in order to assist employees.
- To be in compliance with the unemployment laws and provide updated information to outside agencies.
- Employee accounts are credited accurately and on time each pay date.
- FICA wages are reported correctly and ensure that correct W2’s are produced at the end
of the year.
- Outstanding payroll checks do not accumulate past 6 months.
- Quarterly Form 941s are reconciled to the general ledger within 60 days of the quarter.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.