Brooklyn, NY Location
Come work with an organization where you can make a difference, working with a smaller number of patients for reasonable hours. Work for a not-for-profit and a pioneer in providing cutting edge programs and services for people with disabilities . Every day, we build a more inclusive world for thousands of New Yorkers through education, technology, health, residential and recreational programs in all five boroughs.
Provides an exceptionally high level of care for its clients and has a very well respected staff and use cutting edge health technology
Responsibilities and Duties
The duties and responsibilities of the Physical Therapist – Children's Services will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides physical therapy evaluation of students annually in areas of muscle tone and/or strength, range of motion, reflex patterns, gross motor capacity, posture and joint alignment, patterns of locomotion and/or ambulation, activities of daily living, including transfers and wheelchair management, need for adaptive equipment and recommendations for changes in present equipment.
- Develops a treatment plan and goals based on assessment.
- Maintains daily and monthly attendance records.
- Ensures individuals receive services appropriate to their needs and consistent with educational goals and regulatory requirements.
- Selects educational, recreational and social activities in order to aid students in adjusting to their functional level.
- Teaches adaptive skills necessary to perform daily living and/or vocational tasks.
- Provides and participates in in-service education for other personnel relevant to techniques and objectives of program.
- Serves and participates as a member of interdisciplinary team at team meetings, Annual Reviews, Case Presentations, In-Services, etc. as required by each program.
- Integrates therapeutic intervention techniques into programs and/or home of students served through consultation with parent/Client and staff at team meetings, case conferences or through other informal contacts.
- Assists in overall rehabilitation of students' medical/psychiatric condition. Documents therapy activities and results on student's records and periodic reports.
- Records progress on all active cases in therapy, monitors therapy status, and makes appropriate recommendations as changes occur.
- Refers students to other clinical services if such referral is felt appropriate.
- Fits adaptive devices for students use such as splints or braces.
- Participates in Initial Evaluation and Intake processes.
- Completes all required documentation in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Provides supervision to Physical Therapy students and Physical Therapy Assistants as needed.
- Assists with other duties such as arrival, dismissal, feeding, bathrooming, classroom management as directed.
- Maintains equipment and orders supplies as required.
- Performs other related duties as requested.