Who is Comprehensive Healthcare?
Comprehensive Healthcare provides innovative behavioral health and integrated healthcare services to clients of all ages. We take pride in our creative and collaborative work environment and in delivering clinically excellent, trauma-informed, recovery-oriented services.
What are we looking for in a Peer Support Counselor?
Peer Support Counselors offer supportive services to individuals as part of a mental health treatment plan. The Peer Support Counselors work with clients to develop and practice independent living skills, coping skills, and self-advocacy. As part of the recovery process, Peer Support Counselors encourage clients to develop natural supports by socializing and engaging with the community. This position is best suited to an individual who is ready to use their own experiences to relate to others. This particular position is located at Bridges, our adult evaluation and treatment facility in Yakima. The schedule for this position is Tuesday-Saturday, 9am-5:30pm.
Peer Support Counselor duties may include:
- assisting clients with attending appointments, applying for social services benefits, finding and maintaining housing, and other activities of daily living
- participating in the development and implementation of individualized treatment plans and goals for each client
- sharing personal experiences of recovery, as appropriate, to build motivation and encourage clients in their treatment
- collaborating with case managers & therapists to organize and lead group activities for clients
- modeling ways to engage with others to increase social supports and develop meaningful relationships
- High school diploma or GED
- One month of related peer support experience
- Must successfully obtain Peer Counselor certification; more information about becoming a Certified Peer Counselor is available at www.hca.wa.gov/billers-providers-partners/behavioral-health-recovery/peer-support
What Comprehensive Healthcare Can Offer You
Training and Development
- A variety of career opportunities in a wide range of settings with room for mobility and promotion
- Regular training opportunities including support, supervision, and consultation in implementing evidence-based services and programs
Innovative Program & Services
- A strong reputation for providing quality, evidence-based services within a collaborative multi-disciplinary team environment
- Innovative, forward-looking leadership that seeks to thrive in an ever-changing healthcare environment
- Joint Commission-accredited organization committed to continuous quality improvement
- Established partnerships with major research universities and other community and healthcare providers to implement cutting-edge treatment programs and services
- Competitive salaries within our communities and industry
- Healthcare coverage for employee and qualified family members
- Generous vacation, paid holiday and sick leave policies
- Access to Employee Assistance Program services
- Agency-funded retirement plan with contributions equal to 5% of compensation
- Additional retirement investment opportunities with a 50% investment match of up to 4% of compensation
- Agency-funded life and disability insurance program
- Financial incentives to further employee education
- Educational loan repayment programs (conditions apply)
Joining Comprehensive Healthcare
Additional information on Comprehensive Healthcare’s programs and services can also be found on our website at www.comphc.org.
Comprehensive Healthcare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. We value the diverse perspectives and strengths that our employees bring to the workplace and we encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply for our positions. The Human Resources department gladly offers accommodations and assistance for the application and interview process; please contact us at (509) 575-4084 to make arrangements.