To provide the people of Central Florida, compassionate, comprehensive and cost effective behavioral healthcare that is focus on individualized recovery. Using life experience to assist clients to achieve and maintain recovery from mental health, substance use and/or co-occurring disorders. Responsible for interpreting and translating behavioral health communications, both verbal and written between clients and clinician, ensuring accurate information is relayed. Provide outreach to engage individuals in services and to increase their self-sufficiency. Serve as a peer mentor to assist clients with obtaining needed services. Serves as a peer mentor to clients enrolled in problem solving Court.
- Provides outreach, information and referral to clients and their families, linking them to available services.
- Assists with screening assessments and referrals to appropriate services in a timely manner, ensuring the clients basic needs are met. Assists clients with obtaining documentation of eligibility for benefits as well as replacing ID, Birth Certificates, and Social Security card.
- Works in collaboration with care coordinators to support the clients in achieving goals, by performing case management functions when needed. Completes required outreach forms and maintains required records. Serves as peer mentor to support clients to obtain needed services in the community.
- Assists clients with negotiating the criminal justice system and advocates for diversion when appropriate. Serve as a peer mentor for clients enrolled in a problem solving court. Serves as a representative to designated committees for community planning and development of activities and services.
- Employee will complete trainings, attend and/or participate in meetings as required by APR and/or regulatory agencies to ensure compliance with mandates, and to maintain certifications and licensure. Employee will maintain and further develop job related skills, and attend all Agency required trainings within expected timeframes.
- Employee will maintain the integrity of the clinical record through timely and accurate completion of all required paperwork. Documentation required is program specific and may include, but is not limited to, treatment plans, assessments, psychosocials, SALs, progress notes, tracking forms, and intra-agency referrals. Employee shall submit paperwork to appropriate departments as required.
- Employee is responsible for completion of all required paperwork and training in order to receive a computer log-in to gain access to communication mediums used in conjunction with agency business.
- Adhere to all Agency Policies & Procedures.
Position qualifications: Ability to receive and maintain a(n)
- Level II Background clearance
- Acceptable Motor Vehicle Registration driver's license record in accordance with the underwriting guidelines set by Aspire Health Partners' insurance company.
- 2 year of experience in Behavioral health and terminology.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Preferred Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Criminology, Sociology, and Psychology, or related Human Services field