Did you know that some of the industry’s most talented and caring registered nurses are at DCI? Our nursing staff has helped DCI achieve the lowest mortality and hospitalization rates among large dialysis providers for the past 13 years in a row. We think our Nurses are pretty awesome; they make a difference in our patients' lives by helping them live longer and achieve a better quality of life.
The Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) / Home Hemo RN collaborates with physicians, social workers, and other healthcare service personnel to set up individualized peritoneal dialysis plans for patients who qualify. The PD Nurse is responsible for providing ongoing education, training, and support for our PD patients to ensure safe and appropriate care.
This position is full-time, and requires one year of dialysis experience.
- Assists in the examination and evaluation of patient candidates so that appropriate PD treatment and other services can be arranged.
- Provides counseling and emotional support.
- Train patients and family who have chosen peritoneal dialysis as their treatment modality.
- Checks dialysis equipment and ensures it is operating properly, make adjustments or have them made by maintenance personnel.
- Teaches patient proper care between dialysis to avoid infections, and instructs patient on matters of diet.
- Check in with the patient at least monthly by phone or during clinic visits.
- Obtain routine laboratory work to include routine adequacy testing.
- Make surveillance of the patient’s home adaption, including provisions for visits to the home.
- Ensure the patient is provided consultation with a Social Worker and Dietitian.