Responsible for assisting the patient with assigned tasks of direct patient care and daily living activities that improve quality of life by allowing our patients to remain in their home while adhering to confidentiality standards and professional boundaries at all times.
Essential Job Functions
• Perform, assist, evaluate and document medical care, such as:
o Basic first aid
o Taking weight and vital signs
o Catheter and bowel care, including I&O monitoring
o Range of motion exercises, exercises as assigned by a Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist
o Ambulation, transfer and positioning with wheelchairs and other non-life support medical equipment and devices
o Prepare meals according to dietary and nutritional needs
o Care for patient’s special conditions and needs within scope of authorized tasks
• Help patient maintain good personal hygiene, such as:
o Assistance with bathing, toileting, grooming, shaving, skin and nail care, oral hygiene, dressing and eating
• Assist with household management, such as:
o General light housekeeping, laundry, and shopping specific to patient
o Accompanying the patient to medical appointment/providers
• Thorough completion and coordination of all required documentation, such as:
o Maintaining and completing the necessary patient/family and Company documentation records upon conclusion of each visit
o Observe and report significant changes in patient’s condition to Supervisor
• High school graduate, GED or equivalent of education and training
• Registration or Certification as required by state law and regulation
• Current CPR certification
• Demonstrated proficiency in clinical assessments, documentation and compliance with aide care and policies and procedures
Additional state specific requirements:
• Continuing Education as required by state
• Pediatric and adult experience as appropriate for the patient.
• Must be able to adhere to confidentiality standards and professional boundaries at all times
• Ability to comfortably work in homes of families with limited resources
• Strong commitment to clinical excellence
• Attention to detail
• Time Management
• Good communication skills
• Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English
• Must be able to travel; company does not provide vehicles or transportation
• Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling, up to 25 pounds
• Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling up to 50 pounds
• Prolonged walking, standing, bending, kneeling, reaching, twisting
• Must be able to sit and climb stairs
• Must have visual and hearing acuity
• Must have strong sense of smell and touch
• Must be able to sufficiently reposition patients and move equipment without assistance
• Must have sufficient strength and manual dexterity to safely operate equipment, including grasping and manipulating small objects.
• Must be able to appropriately respond physically and mentally to emergency situations in the home or during transport. This may require physical strength, agility, and ability to function under stressful circumstances to evacuate a patient, to provide physical support to the suddenly weak or disabled patient, or to perform one-man CPR for a prolonged period.
• Must be able to wear a TB respirator and other personal protective equipment as needed.
• Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which may involve exposure to allergens and other various conditions
• Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids and infectious diseases
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Requisition ID: R0009412